General

Let us know how we can improve QuickBooks Self-Employed!

What features should we work on?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Business Tracking

It would be nice to be able to track more then one business.

797 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

167 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upgrade to QuickBooks Online

An 'upgrade your account' button within the settings.

695 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! We know there may come a time where your business grows and you need the more robust accounting features of QuickBooks Online. While today it is possible to switch over, it’s a very manual process and makes it difficult to easily move over your data from QuickBooks Self-Employed.

We’re actively researching the best way to solve this problem. As soon as we have any details to share, we’ll post them here.

3. 97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Merge 2 accounts

Two Business accounts in one QBSE subscription

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it possible to exclude certain years.

I, for example, only want to use this app going forward. I think it is massively inconvenient that there is no option to exclude my transactions from 2014 & 2015. I've had to go through thousands of transactions. I downloaded this at the beginning of January and I still haven't gotten through them all to get up to date and for no reason. This seems like it should be an easy feature.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reset option

How about a reset option to reset all data to pre-import state?

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Link personal turbo tax email with business self employed account

I have a quickbooks self employed account under my business email and i file my taxes on turbo tax under my personal email. Turbo tax has the promo of free subscription for self employed. You should be able to link account so that i can have the free subscription for my business account under my business email.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The app on my phone can not connect to

the app on my phone can not connect to the bank account.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link personal turbo tax email with business self employed account

I have a quickbooks self employed account under my business email and i file my taxes on turbo tax under my personal email. Turbo tax has the promo of free subscription for self employed. You should be able to link account so that i can have the free subscription for my business account under my business email.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a mint account created with a different email address / username to be linked to quickbooks.

I've been using mint and turbotax for years, but they were created with different email addresses. I would like to be able to link these accounts for seamlessnees.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add the ability to add new expense categories in Self Employed

Please add the ability to add new expense categories in Self Employed

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. TRIAL PERIOD

Whatever you do don't enter information on your company or clients. During the trial period that is what they want you to do so they can capture your information and hold it hostage. They want to sell you a subscription before they will help you. They have this ridiculous system that is set up for their benefit and not yours. Believe it or not its quite genius if you are a devious individual. They allow you set up an account, when you do you are actually setting up an "intuit" account where they can let you sign into that area…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding Catagories to Self Employed

I use Quicken Self Employed. I would like to have the option adding categories to better organize my spending. I have an accountant who would also prefer this and she can put the info on my taxes correctly for Schedule C/ my tax returns. I have no reason to upgrade otherwise and feel trapped by not having this choice. Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you please make it possible to change or add to the category list on the self-employed app. Thanks

There are a number of account categories which I find are missing off the list. It would be great if we could personalise the category list on th QB Self-Employed app, to better suit our business.
    Thanks

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I cancelled my account after 5 minutes

keep getting emails. Hope I was not charged as I cancelled immediately.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Business Categories

My accountant always told me that having things under a "Other Business Expense is not good" things need to fit in a category.. For example there is not a Category for me to put my Merchant account Fees which is definitely a business expense as well as taking a course for continuing education .... amongst others.. I love the idea of using this tool but having a full list of others does not sound compelling when tax time comes around. I spoke with a support rep and she suggested to add those manually but there is still not a category…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. import data from QBSE to QBO

You should be able to import data from one of your products to another easier! Have used QBSE for the past year and now I'm using QB Online and I'm frustrated that I have to import all this stuff manually. This should be turnkey.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Worst support service I have ever seen

This is the worst customer support system I have ever seen. I have been locked out of quickbooks self-employment login for 12 hours. Each time I login, it says 15 minutes. I wait 15 minutes, it says 15 minutes. When I called the support line, they said they don't support quickbooks self-employment and could not help. I had to go through livechat. Live chat said they couldn't help log me back in. I was sent to this page. I want to talk to a live person, who can reset the system error. I have wasted so much time on this.…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Setup/Account Maintenance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Group expenses by category

Need to be able to group expenses by project. Need to be able to have one project and associate all expenses with that then on to the next.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. self employed qb software additions

shelf employed version needs the ability to send quotes to customers, be able to import customers and products from qb online.
    OR
    online essentials needs the ability to produce self assessment and tax options.
    first option would make an excellent self employed/sole trader package!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base