What features should we work on?

Add Attachment Feature to Invoices.

I shouldn't have to send my travel expense receipts in a separate email. I don't like the extra step in the invoicing process, nor do my clients appreciate two emails for a single invoice transaction.

193 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new user to the service I am really disappointed that you can't have an attachment with an invoice. Unless this is available soon I will have to Cancel as my customers expect me to attach information. its a shame as the rest of the system works fine for me

• Flemming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. It is unacceptable that I can't attach an attachment to an invoice.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is really frustrating that so many people have voiced their need for this feature and Intuit has not responded. It needs to be added yesterday. I am actually angered that I spent all this time putting in account and expense details only to have to switch services now. I can not use the invoice tracking feature because I refuse to send a skeleton invoice and have to send my clients a second email with attachments. It's just unprofessional looking.

YES PLEASE DO IT NOW. I too am considering changing services.
        Also let us better customize invoice numbers by adding letters if we want like NH001 rather than just 001. Please let us know if these changes will happen anytime soon. Thanks!

• Max Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature ASAP. I'm currently searching for a different program to use for my accounting/billing solely because of this issue.

• Ryan Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single biggest deficiency with your product. Anyone who is freelance or self employed has needed to attach receipts to their invoice.

Please, add this feature!

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this suggestion. Needing to send attachments separately makes it easier for emails and attachments to get separated and/or lost.

• Diane Kang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed! was looking for this feature, and was disappointed to find that it wasn't available

For the self-employed version, can you make it so I can I attach files to my invoices just like I can in your standard Quickbooks? Not sure why you removed this fundamental feature? My clients naturally require copies of receipts that I pass thru invoices, and it's expected that I attach them to the relevant invoices

• N. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to attach receipt images to invoices. I am an independent contractor and my client requires receipts for ALL of my invoices. The automated invoicing system createS more work, as I still must separately email my client all of my receipts, in addition to the intuit invoice they are emailed. This is double work for me and should be an easy fix for a company such as Intuit.

• Abe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+100! ;-) Since the dawn of professional consulting, consultants have purchased goods for their clients, and submitted the receipts for said purchases with their invoices. Please add this functionality to QBSE ASAP. It should be possible to associate transactions with a specific client, and easily collect and attach un-reimbursed transactions to an invoice, in which they should become line-items. After having been attached to an invoice, transactions should be removed from the client "bucket"--that is, it should not be possible to attach a transaction to more then one invoice. While I'd ask that it be possible to simply attach a receipt image directly, it makes more sense to ensure that it is tracked as a transaction. With this we need a transaction category such as "Direct Purchase for Client" or similar for such items. Thank you!

• Molly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature where you can add/attach receipt images to invoices. 100% of my clients need to see a receipt in order to approve payment for it, so instead of having a nicely automated invoicing system, I have to create PDFs, manually attach receipts, and email them. Having a receipt upload feature on desktop and mobile would be best!

Many self employed people send time logs or project reports or estimates or even just contracts attached to an invoice. This is a BIG issue, and had I known I could not attach a document to the invoice I may not have purchased this product. Please add this functionality or I will have to cancel my subscription. Thank you.

• Doug Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some of my work begins with a work order. I need to be able to keep up with the work order in order to invoice properly. I would like to save it either by attaching to invoice or generating a work order initially then generating an invoice.

• heveliusassoc@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attachments to invoices are a MUST. Sometimes a single-line description is not enough. Travel expense reports are also frequent additions. Also, clients like itemized labor or other direct charges/purchases they are paying for.

• Sara Chestnutt-Fry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In regular quickbooks there is the option of attaching copies/scans of receipts for expenses billed. It is very inconvenient that there is no option for that in self employed

• David Richmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow receipts to be attached to invoices. Also the mac numeric keypad does not work in the invoice fields.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base