What features should we work on?

Invoice Partial Payment

Thanks for adding Invoices to the Self Employed product. I'd really like to integrate more of my business w/ you. In order to do so, I need the ability to apply partial payments to invoices. Thanks!

145 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Partial payments should be part of the minimum viable features. Until that happens, many are required to use another system outside QuickBooks Self-Employed to track that.

• Tipling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a self-employed contractor, the ability for clients to give partial payments and for me to track this against the invoice is critical. PayPal lets you do this, I am surprised QB does not.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a critical feature for anyone who received deposits for their work.
        Pressing Mark as Paid would mean it was fully paid so nothing can be done meanwhile

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, many service companies require 50% of invoice to start. My clients don't want to see a FULL invoice with me writing "50% due...." The REQUIRE an invoice that shows only 50% of the amount due DUE NOW. This is so common I'm surprised QuickBooks is not on top of this. This is service business 101 stuff guys. I literally have to hack my account to work with multi-billion dollar companies and make all of my qty. 1/2 which looks weird and unprofessional.

Using PayPal now, but would be helpful to use invoicing through quickbooks. I won't be able to make the switch until deposits and partial payments are integrated features.

• Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I often charge a 50% deposit and 50% total of finished job. I NEED partial payment options!

• Nicole Muller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! This feature is necessary for any flexible invoicing system. It's a glaring hole in the current application. In general, greater flexibility in customizing invoices would be welcome.

• Tom Camp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same! I hate having to use external invoicing apps when it could be done so simply in QB. Reference Invoice Ninja for their features.

I will continue using PayPal for invoicing until Quickbooks allows us to specify what amount the client must pay (partial payment) and allow them to make partial payments until the invoice is paid in full. Thank you!

• Jenn Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be such a wonderful feature! I have clients that sometimes need to pay their invoices in a few payments which I am happy to do but then I have to track it myself as there is no way to do so on the invoice.

• Lora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to accept partial payment on invoices in order to use this program effectively.

• Heather Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I accept partial payments from my clients.
        Or a 90 day pay plan.

How do I apply a partial
        payment to the invoice?

I love the ease of Quickbooks and how it integrates with TurboTax and Mint. It has really made things a breeze. With that said I would love for a partial payment feature to be added to Invoicing. I currently have to send multiple invoices and it's not very convenient.

I know a lot of people would benefit from this addition. Thanks Intuit!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base