What features should we work on?

Add Time Tracking

I think a time tracking feature should be added... A lot of us entrepreneurs need to keep track of how much time we spend on each project for each client... Then we should also be able to import the time into an invoice that we send to our client... Please help bring my idea to life... VOTE!
Thanks!

134 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tiffany shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Will Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am currently using toggl to track the different projects I work on during the day. I then have to put them in spreadsheet and then into qbse. A qbse time tracker would be helpful.

• Kogu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still not a thing? I just tried QB for the first time and the inability to track time easily is going to be a dealbreaker for me that sends me back to FB. :(

• Geoffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This lack is astounding to me. Especially since Tsheets is pushed on QBSE purchasers when they run through the pricing—it's clear Intuit wants people to think Tsheets will directly interact with QBSE. Is it really that hard to do this?

• Cynthia Koan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of this function (Tsheets integration with QBO-Self-Employed) kills the possibility that I would use QB online. I assume this limitation is by design and intended to up-sell to more expensive versions of QBO. I'm used to entering time/invoices manually so I'll keep my old version of QB desktop (no payroll, I'm good) until there's a real advantage to going to a monthly subscription service. Don't know many self-employed people who don't track time - they exist, of course, but this kills it for me.

• Mike G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QB now owns TSheets. Why can't this be integrated or at least have a quick and dirty API developed? I'm pretty sure a few hundred hours overseas at $15/hr will get that going...it already exists for all other QB instances! Heck, pretty sure the 100 voters here would kick in $20 each to get it most of the way developed!!!

• Jen Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. Not sure why time tracking that populates invoice was not included. Please add.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree. QB self-employed is basically useless for me as a consultant if I can't use some sort of time tracking functionality.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one that still has an occasional hourly engagement.

• lp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Time tracking is extremely important. I need to track all hours and currently doing in separate program. T-sheets or other method needs to be added to Self-Employed. Without this feature I will continue to build my own program and delete QB

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help me with every invoice I create - Freshbooks allows you to use this and is why I initially went to this program because of this specific feature

• Dan Brunnquell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using "my hours" and then need to manually re-enter every line of detail into QBSE and the end of the job/month to create the invoice. Both time consuming and error prone. I do not have the time nor can I afford mistakes! Obviously, time tracking is in the wheel house of skills as it in the more full featured QB product(s).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base