What features should we work on?

Invoice without having to send email

The only way I can "invoice" inside of QBSE is by emailing it to them. I don't want to have to email them to invoice it. Reasons why:

1) Sometimes I have to add notes or PO# to invoices. Since I can't easily/clearly add this information on the QBSE invoice, I often have to export as an PDF, add additional text in Adobe Reader or Apple Preview, and then email it to the client. This becomes a problem if I can only "invoice" in QBSE by sending an email. The client then gets multiple emails / invoices that don't have the same info.
2) Sometimes I have to send an invoice with expense receipts. If I export the invoice as a PDF and attach it to an email, I can't "invoice" it unless I "send invoice" inside of QBSE. For bigger companies I deal with this can be very confusing to them to get several emails.
3) I just had to make a revision to one of my invoices that was already "invoiced." This took the invoice out of "invoice" and moved it back to "draft". This means I would have to email them the invoice again to get things straight on my end.

Please allow for invoice without having to email it to them every time...

140 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

O'C Hartnett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote as well. There are so many things wrong with this in addition to the sheer annoyance of bad design. Even if I did want to email an invoice, why would I want to send an invoice through your email servers? I maintain my own domain and brand, neither of which can be leveraged now.

My suspicion is that they want to push as many people as possible to use them as a payment processor, which is much easier to do if you take away control how invoices can be sent.

I agree that this is absolutely needed. I don't have email addresses for 95% of my customers-- only phone numbers and this is not even included in the client information... I need to send myself an email for each invoice to save. Times have changed.. and QB needs this change.

• Carson Giles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to make invoices without having to send an email. My job requires that i send invoice info with a number of other documents from my own email.

I have this option only when I open QB on my mobile phone. Not in app but in browser. Mobile app and desktop doesn't show me this option only if I send invoice first . Annoying!!

• Really? commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the major waste of time, maybe intuit can think out of the box next time, I would like to PRINT an invoice.

• Michelle Hubel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do not make it mandatory to send I switched programs to yours mid year and it will not let me add old invoices in it is making me send them to my client so I had to make 1 dummy account and put all the invoices in one line. This is not a good feature. All of my clients want a mailed in invoice they do not want it email.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I am wanting to save this as a PDF and print it or send it to someone separately, it would be nice if it did not require me to add an email address. Also, having an option specifically to save it as a PDF would be nice.

• Karla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, when i make an invoice here - it is for my records and to download and send through a freelance platform i use - thats why i would like the email to be NOT required, as i wouldnt be sending the invoice through here.

• Eric Bonar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have auto payments set up through the Merchant Center so I don't have to create invoices. However, one of my clients just asked for a copy of all invoices for this year. I want to create invoices, but don't want them to send to the client. PayPal has that capability.

It would be helpful to be able to mark an invoice as paid, without having to send it through email as some clients do not have emails.

• Adrian Granados commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Believe or not, some customers ask for invoices to be attached as PDFs to a message. If I create an invoice, save it and then export it as PDF, I cannot mark it as paid because it hasn't been sent.

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be an Option to just save the invoice so it can be sent as pdf via text or whatsapp or whatever.
    Also there needs to be a PAID option under due date to avoid confusion with customers who have paid but require an invoice.

• lacey passman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to send my invoices as a pdf and not always through the portal. It'd be great if I could mark them as paid even if I don't send via email. Is there a way to do this?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base