or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vance4208 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. As you’ve experienced, QuickBooks Self-Employed’s purpose today is just to keep track of your business income and spending, but we do hear you, and recognize that not being able to track all of your finances (business as well as personal) in the same tool can be annoying. We currently don’t have upcoming plans to enable personal finance tracking in QuickBooks Self-Employed as it would open the door to too much additional tax and reporting complexity that we don’t believe we can effectively support in the near term. That said, your continued feedback on the issue helps to tip the scales toward creating a solution and accomodating that complexity. We’d love to hear more about how you track your personal finances today, Mint or otherwise, and what tracking your personal finances in QuickBooks Self-Employed would need to do in order to work for you. Thank you for your continued feedback!

113 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I researched QB, Mint, and a few others, I decided to go with Wave. Super easy to set up! Not a lot of bells and whistles, but has killer feature that allows me to allocate any expense (or income) against either our rental property, my wife's therapy practice, or our personal expenses. I can even split expenses that is shared between businesses and personal items.

Wave has quirks of it's own - e.g. cannot auto allocate entries, but besides having to categorize and move expenses to their appropriate account, it's a breeze. And did I say that it's free?

• stevenewport@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I have no plans to start using quickbooks, it would actually add more hassle to my finance workflow. I'm a freelancer with many types of expenses, and being able to select from my mint account which line-items were business related would grant a huge relief of organizational burdens. As is, however, giving up the years of history in my mint account makes no sense.

Please give us independent contractors a reason to purchase Self-Employed.

• maureen@flannerylegal.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least half of my trackable expenses are home office and personal car related, none of which are addressed by QBSE. Using two separate, non-integrated programs (Mint/QBSE) is a waste of my time.

• maureen@flannerylegal.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least half of my trackable expenses are home office and personal car related, none of which are addressed by QBSE. Using two separate, non-integrated programs (Mint/QBSE) is a waste of my time.

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to be able to categorize personal expenses. As it stands right now, you have to use mint and QBSE simultaneously to be able to manage your basic finances. I don't want to have to use mint to manage my student loans, etc and then go back to QBSE to recategorize everything to see my estimated taxes, etc. IT'S CRAZY. and Intuit owns both properties. Help us freelance people out.

• Samantha McDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This s ridiculous. I have a business bank account and a personal bank account, and this software was advertised as being able to differentiate between the two. Every time I have to input a manual transaction from my personal account, I have to mark the 'type' as business and then categorize as 'personal spending'. This is inaccurate. You should be able to switch types just like when transactions are imported.

• Dotty Posto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is completely ridiculous!!! I can't believe I setup my accounts only to find out after the fact that I can't categorize my personal spending. QuickBooks doesn't seem to get the need to categorize personal spending - I might need to cancel my account!!!

• Rob Current commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS: not only that, now I have 1000's of duplicate transactions... Oh, this is truely punishing your customer for paying to upgrade.

• Rob Current commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe I had to import/export between 2 intuit products, and had to put all my old data from Mint in a "Cash" account when importing! How crazy is it that the export field for "Account" from Mint didn't have a matching import field in Quickbooks? It's like punishing an Intuit customer that chooses to upgrade from Mint to a paid version of Quickbooks by disabling a single data column in the CSV intentionally. (not to mention, WHY isn't there just direct integration between the 2 programs?)

• Ma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was expecting to see personal expenses categories. Very surprised,and unfortunate I still have to track them manually.

• Kelly Moody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since my bank account is not compatible with Quickbooks, I have to put all of my transactions with that account in manually. Since you do not allow those transactions to be listed as 'personal' (I don't know why?), it is making it hard for me to keep 'business', personal, and split separate. If you could change this, that would be great.

• Jenine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is bullshit that there is not personal tracking capabilities. I came to this platform to save me time, have additional functionality, and not have to use Mint any longer. Now, if I want to continue to pay for this service every month I have to do additional tracking to complete my budgeting. This is your gig Intuit, just make the personal tracking work. The capability is there, it's like you just decided to stop adding features. I just don't get it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base