Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    vance4208vance4208 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MaMa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was expecting to see personal expenses categories. Very surprised,and unfortunate I still have to track them manually.

• JenineJenine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is bullshit that there is not personal tracking capabilities. I came to this platform to save me time, have additional functionality, and not have to use Mint any longer. Now, if I want to continue to pay for this service every month I have to do additional tracking to complete my budgeting. This is your gig Intuit, just make the personal tracking work. The capability is there, it's like you just decided to stop adding features. I just don't get it.

• Rachael KnightRachael Knight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe that this does not categorize personal expenses like medical, child care, dependant care. It is ridiculous and I can't believe I started this without checking first!! I don't mind paying a little extra for the integration. Taxes are not just about business expenses so this only does half the job!!!

• Gabe ChaseGabe Chase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a much needed tool. Intuit it would be great to see some regular feedback addressing what you plan to do to address this.

• EDED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here are three software additions that I believe would improve QBSE:

1. Add categories, or allow the user to add categories, under Personal expenses. They could even be called Cat1, Cat2, etc., and allow the user to rename them.

For example, because there are no Personal categories, I am using "Repairs and Maintenance" for Personal Medical Expenses, etc.

2. Show how categories in "All Categories" become sub-categories in the "Profit and Loss" categories. As it is, I do not know which categories become sub-categories to other categories except by trial and error.

3. Allow the user to expand the "Profit and Loss" categories to show sub-categories.

• scott@shufflebrain.comscott@shufflebrain.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well this thread answers my question of whether there is a way to classify personal transactions: no. That's not a deal-killer for me — I can workaround this by classifying anything I do want to categorize as business — but it's a jaw-dropping omission, since classifying personal transactions would mostly use the same code as classifying business transactions. Note to Intuit: no one wants to use more than one accounting program, and self-employed people still want to be able to track household budgets. Furthermore as someone with both W2 and self-employed income, I want to be able to track both. QB is overkill, Mint doesn't do what I want it to do. I like where you are going with QBSE, but finish the job! I see Quicken for Mac is finally getting good reviews for the 2017 version, so I'll have to check that out. Maybe that's a better solution.

• Susan M. BurkeSusan M. Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ok so I just read a years worth of comments (AFTER purchasing - will I ever learn?) No change - it appears no one is listening. It was inconceivable that a product like this does not allow categorization of personal expenses for self employed. I truly never thought of it. I guess I will cancel for the same reason - how would this be helpful to those Self Employed? I gave Intuit WAY more credit than to just let us hang in the wind like this, too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All that is needed is a 'tax-related' checkbox, and a report/export for those. This is a pretty simple request, and I bet it would satisfy many of those who want personal categories, which is much more complicated to implement.

• ZachZach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The marketing states you can separate business and personal expenses. Can't input ONLY personal expenses. Must cancel subscription because it is not as advertised.

• jakelaw08jakelaw08 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.

That's Quickbooks - its nothing if its not annoying.

When I talked with a rep., they apologized to me in such a way that it sounded like they get a lot of people complaining about the same thing to them time and time again.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad I read the comments before getting to involved in trying to use this program. I'll stick with Quicken H&B which is by no means great, but gives decent customization options. I hope you make a product that merges QBSE and Mint so that people can manage the full spectrum of financial data that they need to.

• AlaiaAlaia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Mint exists, but since there's no tie in, it would be nice to be able to classify things here

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base