What features should we work on?

State Taxes

State Self employment tax calculator. Its nice to know what we owe the federal government but a lot of states are going to charge us with self employment tax also.

504 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Josh4291 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

State Estimated Taxes recorded as "state taxes" in the ledger aren't showing up on the "tax details" or the "tax summary" report, while Federal estimated taxes do show up on this report. I need a report to be able to show my CPA how much I paid in State taxes. Most businesses pay state taxes. And even if quickbooksSE won't help calculate them, the least you can do is help us record/report properly for our CPA.

• Andreas Mau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have, for now I am using the previous year TurboTax to fake that, but it is a pain in the ...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also need to categorize both Federal and State estimate payments to a separate category that we can get a report showing the personal transactions and see this.

• gkvinz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - PLEASE add sales tax calculations. I think this is fundamental with any invoicing software!

• Deb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should also include a way to indicate the taxing authority and percent. I am an itinerant sales person and must collect sales tax to more than one entity. I also have non-taxable sales, either to wholesale customers or tax exempt entities.

• Robert VanderKloot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's pretty standard to have tool calculate state tax and add it to the invoice. My zipbooks account allows me to type in my BIN and location. The tool automatically calculates and adds the tax.

• Richard Vreeland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a huge help to have the same functionality currently available for federal estimated taxes, for state taxes too... or at least a page to calculate what these amounts might look like

• Bruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello I'm just speaking from personal experience, i am not an expert, but the few times I filed taxes online all the information from my federal got automatically transferred over to state i'm in California. Is it different elsewhere?

• katlet1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I realize this is more intricate than fed, because every state tax is different, but it could be set up so we could enter our states tax rate and you could program it to calculate from there

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our business in New Mexico has to pay Gross Receipts Tax. I was wondering if there could be a category that would be added for Taxes Paid other than property tax.

• Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have filed my Federal taxes for my sole proprietorship. But how do I file my NC state self employed taxes? thank you!

It would seem that this would be a do-able feature to add, since Intuit already has expertise in state tax filing.

Assistance with filing state quarterly taxes would be very helpful.

• scott7975 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently QBSE is reporting collected sales tax as income. This is inaccurate as sales tax is not income. It is a liability account that should be reported as Sales Tax Payable. I suggest that a category is added to account for this and allow the user to split the transaction between Income and Sales Tax Payable. This would not only make income more accurate but allow us to keep track of sales tax owed to the state.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base