What features should we work on?

Customize categories

Even if you could just create "subcategories" under a specific categoty to fit your needs. For instance, under "assets", I would put "music" and "equipment". Under "office supplies", I might add "lesson supplies". I am a music teacher. This would still be aligned with the schedule c categories, bit would allow me to stay more organized as these broad categories apply to my business.

2,133 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminQB Self-Employed Team (Product Manager, QuickBooks Self-Employed) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As of 04/29/2019, all customers in the United States can try out our first version of “Custom Categories”! You’ll see we’ve called it Tagging.

You can try it out by logging in to QuickBooks Self-Employed through your favorite web browser and going to our Labs section by clicking on the Gear Icon and going to Labs (note you can also go this URL- https://selfemployed.intuit.com/home#/preferences/labs)

Currently Tagging is only available through the Web (not our Mobile Apps just yet) for US customers.

We would love your feedback as you start using this first version! Please use the “Give Feedback” link on the Labs page as our team will be closely monitoring this.

336 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amir Ebrahimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe this is part of an itemized deduction on the personal side and not a Schedule C business expense, which would explain why it doesn't show up in the product.

• prmanke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to add categories such as owner pay. Have it like more of a spread sheet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got my federal tax return and next day got a schedule eic form.well I lost it and not exactly sure what I need
    ,what form.it not eic on kids,its for myself...can help?

• kathryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tagging Expenses to get other helpful totals like expenses from a particular job or person.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just purchased and when I click go to in your email It takes me back to purchase screen

• rflores013 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted a book keeping program...I don't need a tax program... I have an excellent Tax accounten.t

• rflores013 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a tax accounting that prepares our taxs.QuickBooks is not what I thought it.

• bbrphotos.mb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want a book keeping program...NOT a tax payment program.....Some of these features are fine, But it gives me now way to break down cash purchase....only stuff from my bank account can be identified.

• wellnesslady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to have sub-categories for "other expenses."

I'd like to have a way to calculate Cost of Goods Sold (Part III on Schedule C) I have a very small inventory and don't need a full inventory tracking system, but need a category for Line 36 - Purchases.

• libu.varkey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Categories under 'Business' for Charity, Healthcare Premiums; 'Car Expenses' could have 'surface transportation' included.

1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base