Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to at least print a Balance Sheet. Custom Reports would also be great!

• Juan Pablo Ferrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A cool simple report would be expense transactions that lack receipts (super helpful when doing year end reconciliation).

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, it is ridiculous that we have all these categories and the P & L report will not report them. This makes a great way to hit the "I want to get audited" button. The SubCategories should all show up as individual line items.

• Jennifer S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The P& L is almost useless to prepare taxes from. All the subcategories are lumped under "other business expenses" the only way to get any detail is to download the Tax detail excel report and sort it yourself.
        It's a waste of time- when all the detail is already in QBSE. Adding the ability to show the subcategories would greatly increase usability.

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a fourth printable report in addition to P&L, Tax Summary and Tax Details. It should be called "Tax Details & Itemized Receipts" and should link the receipts we capture and upload to the corresponding transaction. This could be done by putting the receipts onto 4x4 grids w/ some code/label that links it to a transaction in an excel spreadsheet. To be able to create a document like this for archival purposes and peace of mind is invaluable. If, for example, the IRS audited someone, as it stands, you would have to go back in and individually download then print each and every receipt that you've uploaded. We entrepreneurs and self-employed already put in an incredible amount of time and work retaining, properly labeling, capturing, uploading and linking receipts to appropriate transactions. It'd feel really really good to know that that work will never have to be repeated in the case of an audit, and that all of our record-keeping is fully consolidated and IRS-proof.

• datico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the reasons we stopped using Quicken for managing our expenses. Coming back years later I see it's still not a focus of the platform. Too bad. You almost got us to use Quickbooks Self-Employed this year since we love TurboTax, but the last thing I want to have to do is run a separate platform so I can budget too. Build a budgeting system for self-employed that's as good as TurboTax, and your customers won't have to look anywhere else.

• kljameson@me.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Pocketsmith, it would be great to see a monthly calendar overview showing your daily balances and when money is expected to be coming in and going out so you can plan budgets.

• Dawn H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

monthly itemized list of expenses (i.e. Other ... to easily see what is lumped in)

• Diana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need Home office deduction tracking - Form 8829 splits, also Schedule A tracking. I have a mortgage, spousal support, etc....This program is not nearly sophisticated enough!

• Lucinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to be able to print the mileage report (or download a csv file). This would be helpful for physical tax records

• Wayne Chamberlain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will preface this by saying I am new to Quicken and self employment and if my request had been addressed, I am sorry. I would like to see and area that offers or can refer people to business forms, for example Profit and Loss statements, single ledgers etc. I am a one person business from my home. I need things simple and sweet. I have gone on line to get templates and my search returns thousands of website. Also, I would suggest a chat room/ forums link to g.o to for help

• Thomas Hood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have another tab that has a full detailed list of our assets and expenses. It's somewhat easy to find that info now, but it would be nice to have the ability to quick look or print off a one sheet.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base