What features should we work on?

Inventory

Need the ability to categorize Inventory Purchases. This is on the Schedule C under COGS. As of now, my purchases are being imported but I can't properly categorize them.

327 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jlbdistributors shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • aarquette27@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My business can't be done without inventory, but there's no inventory category. Under the supplies category, it says, "do not use for inventory," but there's no inventory category. Inventory is my biggest expense and this app won't help me very much if there's no way for me to categorize it.

• Christina Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No COGS category!? This may make QBSE a no-go for us. At first, it looked like an excellent product, only to figure out that simple things like COGs and customer receipts don't exist. WHY, QB, WHY!?!?!?!

• eysjason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need COGS, I am buying parts and materials to sell on and have no where to categorize them? Any ideas, will upgrading to another quickbooks product fix this?

• Darby Ruoss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inventory is a necessary asset category, I'm disappointed it is not on here. For what we all pay each month to use this service, it would be nice to see this added instead of having comments going back to last year. Shows it's not an important part of a self employed business to Quickbooks.

• Lisa Dowty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the COGS category????
    I am on a trial but not having this is an issue. And there is no way to add a custom category.

• kathyd53 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't cost of goods sold be added to our accounting? My CPA doesn't want to see these entries under "supplies"

• GT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cost of Goods Sold, or Cost of Sales is one of the foundational categories for a product-based business. The cost of materials to make a widget. It should not be lumped into "Other Business Expenses". Every tax preparer has always asked me, what entries are part of "Other Expenses"?

In fact, page 2 of Schedule-C has lines for COGS/ COS.

Please immediately fix this oversight, as it should not have been left off.
    PS: Godaddy Bookkeeping did not miss, and they allow to create sub-categories.

Feedback and Knowledge Base