What features should we work on?

Inventory

Need the ability to categorize Inventory Purchases. This is on the Schedule C under COGS. As of now, my purchases are being imported but I can't properly categorize them.

327 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jlbdistributors shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kathy Seger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking at a schedule C we need a Category for Line 36 Purchases of Inventory to put the items we are going to resell or use to make items to resell. LIne 36 Purchases would not be an expense account but an asset Inventory. Then we need a category to transfer cost of items sold from Inventory to Line 42 Cost of Good Sold With this added and the additional of subcategories to Other Expenses I might not cancel my subscription.

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This program is useless without a COGS category. I see many, many comments about this online but Intuit has not update the program--why? Intuit is usually much better than this. Will have to purchase another program without COGS category. Thank goodness I only had the trial version before subscribing

• Carrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I'm deciding against using this software because I need a COGS category. If there was a COGS line I'd totally buy on for a year.

• Carrie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! I'm trialling QuickBooks Self-Employed and no COGS line is a deal breaker for me. I will have to stay with GoDaddy bookkeeping.

• Renee Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also need "cost of goods sold" please, I am an ETSY member and a community pottery studio manager. -Renee

• Renee Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My pottery studio income stream is from (1) memberships, and (2) resale clay purchases. I also sell pottery. I need to keep track of my purchases, whether they are for resale, or for studio use.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Etsy is promoting this product but many of us on Etsy need the COGS category! What gives?

• Diane Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to categorize my Scentsy Inventory. I will have to keep a separate spreadsheet for those expenses. I also have the Paypal fees that I need to be able to categorize. Please add these categories.

• srkicks@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this ability too. I turned my report for last tax year to my accountant and he wanted to know the breakdown of the "other expenses". Most of the "other expenses" are inventory purchases and some are paypal fees.

• Tori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just realized this after purchasing the software. I have no idea what to do with those purchases or inventory that come in on my business credit card. That is my biggest expense!

• Emmanuel Fritz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a painter. I also need a COGS category as each project that I do has accrued costs for the project.

• Kathleen Jaggi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh good. I was beginning to think I was crazy because I couldn't find the COGS categories. It didn't occur to me that it could be completely absent!

Feedback and Knowledge Base