Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminPatris Genalyn (Admin, QuickBooks Self-Employed) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all the feedback! We totally agree with how important tracking retirement deductions is for your Estimated Taxes.

While we don’t have anything specific planned right now, we are reviewing your feedback and thinking through how we can best solve this problem. As soon as we have any updates to share, we’ll post them here.

85 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • self employed and angry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable. Fix this this week or I'm cancelling my subscription and finding other alternatives. Get your heads out of your butts, stop outsourcing to inept countries who don't understand our tax system, and give us a discount for having to tell you how to do your job.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to add this feature or category. It's very important for estimated tax purposes.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing as tax season is here, why isn't this already a feature? This should be fairly obvious and straight-forward, given that IRA, 401-K, etc. contributions lower one's tax burden. Please add it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes! I just chatted with customer service about this. SEP contributions can have a significant affect on taxes due and it would directly affect the 1040ES calculations. There should be a way to enter those contributions and Quickbooks could easily consider that in the quarterly tax payment estimates.

• Cady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is a flaw. My work around is to estimate how much I will contribute to the year and add it to my itemized deductions in the tax wizard. Not perfect, but improves the federal estimated tax projections

• Cady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, this is a huge flaw. The work around I use is by estimating what I'll contribute to the tax advantaged account and then add it to the itemized deductions in the tax questionnaire. It works alright.

• Sarah Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes -- this is a major flaw of the QuickBooks Self-Employed platform. This category is much needed! Thanks for considering it.

• Juan Pablo Ferrer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just started looking into a SEP 401k and this lack of feature may make QBSE a deal breaker. Can't believe this isn't included? It's potentially a HUGE impact to the estimated tax equations. Shouldn't be THAT hard given its already done for healthcare premiums.

• Valerie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IRA's are a big deduction - it's difficult to account for our personal deductions in our business estimated taxes... it could be an addition to the 'tax settings' under the gear icon.

• Andreas Mau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Individual 401k is even better allows up to $59,000 in contributions ER/EE including catch-up.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base