Retirement deductions

able to categorize SEP and 401K/pre-taxed items

534 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminPatris Genalyn (Admin, QuickBooks Self-Employed) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all the feedback! We totally agree with how important tracking retirement deductions is for your Estimated Taxes.

While we don’t have anything specific planned right now, we are reviewing your feedback and thinking through how we can best solve this problem. As soon as we have any updates to share, we’ll post them here.

111 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • kdbythewood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the main reason I use QBSE is for the tax estimator. If it is inaccurate, or making me pay in more than I need to, this is useless and there is no need for me to use the program. I don't see why there has been no action here.

• Amanda Marko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several hundred votes and years worth of comments, pleas, and requests, but no fix? Comments go back to 2014 and 532 people have voted, representing over $3.3 million in revenue earned from this vocal subset of your customers. I agree with the other comments. This is a significant flaw that undercuts the validity of all calculations in the program.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm considering canceling because I'm tired of seeing an incorrect tax bracket and overpaying on my quarterly taxes due to not calculating SEP or traditional contributions. It might not be part of schedule C but it certainly changes the quarterly payment and possibly the tax bracket.There absolutely should be a way to add these contributions to the tax profile and projections.

• Julia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so crazy that you can't add is as retirement savings! What a basic flaw in the system and should be remedied by now!

How do you expect people to pay monthly for software that isn't complete! You are giving me an incorrect estimated tax by not allowing the ability to enter SEP-IRA contributions. Over pay the government due to your flawed software, don't think so. I will be canceling my subscription!

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pitiful there is not an option to choose SEP or Solo 401k to categorize a payment. Come on people.

Please add a SEP IRA feature the maxed out 55k contribution significantly alters my estimated taxes

• Kevin Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

basic function, very disappointed in the self employed product - looks like it's time to find something else...

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yikes, this thread / request goes back years! As a work around, I'm categorizing my SEP IRA contributions as 'Other Business Expenses'...any feedback on if this is an acceptable categorization would be appreciated.

Another request to add this feature. Seems like a no brainer to add to a program that is designed for small businesses.

Can we still not categorize 401K contributions in quickbooks self employed? I can't find the feature...

• Shirls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The struggle... IRA contribution is not even a mention on your search filter. Please.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base