(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminPatris Genalyn (Admin, QuickBooks Self-Employed) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all the feedback! We totally agree with how important tracking retirement deductions is for your Estimated Taxes.

While we don’t have anything specific planned right now, we are reviewing your feedback and thinking through how we can best solve this problem. As soon as we have any updates to share, we’ll post them here.

101 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yikes, this thread / request goes back years! As a work around, I'm categorizing my SEP IRA contributions as 'Other Business Expenses'...any feedback on if this is an acceptable categorization would be appreciated.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request to add this feature. Seems like a no brainer to add to a program that is designed for small businesses.

Can we still not categorize 401K contributions in quickbooks self employed? I can't find the feature...

• Shirls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The struggle... IRA contribution is not even a mention on your search filter. Please.

add category for SEP, Charitable donations and continuing education on the Self employed QB basic software.

• KF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to chime in to say this is completely unacceptable! You haven't even offered an alternative. This makes no sense.

• Ron Bandeira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is so hard about adding such a fundamental feature as a retirement account liability category that is taking so long?

• bryanward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the inability to handle SEP and 401K/pre-taxed items is a major flaw. I was patient last after this came up last year. I will definitely be looking for a different product after it still has not been addressed.

This is extremely important for the self employed! If your'e going to market a Self-Employed product it only makes sense to add this to the categories.

• self employed and angry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unacceptable. Fix this this week or I'm cancelling my subscription and finding other alternatives. Get your heads out of your butts, stop outsourcing to inept countries who don't understand our tax system, and give us a discount for having to tell you how to do your job.

You need to add this feature or category. It's very important for estimated tax purposes.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base