Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAna (Admin, QuickBooks Self-Employed) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We hear you that often you need to be able to keep track of multiple vehicles at the same time.

To give a little insight into why this isn’t available yet, in order for us to release this feature we have to configure the connection between TurboTax in such a way that we would be able to send mileage tracking data for multiple vehicles from QuickBooks Self-Employed to TurboTax. We’re actively looking into how to make this work.

As soon as we have any updates on this idea, we’ll post them here.

142 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been an idea since 2015 and it's not yet been added? This is a self-employed necessity.

On vehicle settings you should place an add vehicle option in which it can link our entries into the drive tracking UI where we can later assign which vehicles we were using when we click on any given drive.

• Robert G King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add vehicle. We have work truckings and also other vehicles we use off and on your business purposes. Should I have purchased a different Quickbooks version to have this need accommodated?

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just went back through a years worth of feedback about adding the "Multiple Car" option. I don't see anywhere saying that you are implementing this or you are not going to. What good is this feedback if you don't respond to it? Let us know whether this is going to happen or not so we can know when to expect it or move on to an application that works for us!

• Linda Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1 hire Darryl Houston Excellent Driver.BACKGROUND Clears. Has a son age 10 lives in California. Needs work to be able to have son during summer, Needs help with vehicle. NEED HIM STARTUP FOR PAYROLL

I have more than one company vehicle for different use. Now I will have to track one vehicles expenses in another format and one in quickbooks. The whole reason I signed up for quickbooks was to make my life easier. Please add this feature!!!

• Kathryn Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to register more than one vehicle to record miles. I have two cars that I go back and forth between depending on what my objectives are.

• jennifer bidwell meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the country that practically invented the automobile, where we are known to have multiple cars, doesn’t get a 2nd car option- but a small island where fewer folks even have room for multiple vehicles, gets to add 3?? Come on!

• Alex Duran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two cars, one of which I utilize exclusively for business. Both cars have BT radios that my phone connects to. Can this BT connection be used to identify in which car the mileage was recorded and then categorize it accordingly? I suspect this would automate much of the work that is currently done manually for thousands of your customers.

• Ethan Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is crucial for a majority of self employed & freelancers. I swap back and forth between two vehicles multiple times per week and need the option to differentiate which car was used - otherwise mileage tracking is "somewhat" irrelevant because odometers won't match up at the end of the year if I need to prove mileage.

If it isn't already, I hope this comes too priority so that I can recommend this app to my friends and other business colleagues in the field!

• UsTenor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They tell you to add the milage together for both cars, what kind of idiots created this software?

• Raquel Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The help response to my inquiry about adding a second vehicle:

We do have different QB Self-Employed available and each of them varies on vehicle features. Here's the following info:
        US QBSE- Can add only one Vehicle
        UK QBSE- Can add up to three Vehicles
        AU QBSE- Can add up to three vehicles
        CA QBSE- Can add only one Vehicle
        SG QBSE- Unavailable
        HK QBSE- Unavailable
        ZA/Africa QBSE- Can add only one Vehicle

When asking why the US version only allows 1 vehicle, the response was "Currently QBSE US version uses the simplifies method in miles calculating"

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base