(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAna (Admin, QuickBooks Self-Employed) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We hear you that often you need to be able to keep track of multiple vehicles at the same time.

To give a little insight into why this isn’t available yet, in order for us to release this feature we have to configure the connection between TurboTax in such a way that we would be able to send mileage tracking data for multiple vehicles from QuickBooks Self-Employed to TurboTax. We’re actively looking into how to make this work.

As soon as we have any updates on this idea, we’ll post them here.

150 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joshua Stilwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it blows my mind that a company like intuit didn't have the foresight to think that a self employed person might have more than one vehicle. What household doesn't have more than one vehicle???

I don't need it to be able to move my info to TurboTax.. ANY self respecting business person will have an accountant deal with taxes. - I just need a convenient way to track receipts and mileage.

This "idea" was shared in 2015.. REALLY?!?! WTF are you guys doing?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What book keeping software has the ability to track multiple vehicles? So glad I discovered this Quick Books unfathomable limitation on day two of my purchase.

• Anonymous2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll be waiting for this feature before using your product. To add more than one vehicle is a
        MUST BE ABLE TO DO!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow so I bought a vehicle in 2017 and now i cant add my second vehicle info to turbo tax because it says it is incomplete...

Yep this missing feature makes this product worthless to me. I only use it for mileage. Can't believe I wasted a year entering mileage.

• MP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is an *absolutely imperative feature* to be able to add multiple vehicles (regardless of the country in which the QBSE customer is living and paying for the app). Not only because a business may, in fact, have more than 1 vehicle for business use, but the current app doesn't even allow for something as simple as adding a new vehicle in the event that the old one broke down and was replaced with a new one. Once the "one" vehicle's original starting mileage at the beginning of the year has been entered, you can no longer change it, so you can no longer correctly track any miles across both the old and the new vehicle. This forces you to make manual notes about the starting & ending mileages for both cars at some given date in the middle of the year, which totally defeats the purpose of paying for an app that is supposed to track these things for you. Please please fix this!!!! It has literally been YEARS since this forum began complaints about the lack of multiple vehicle add-ons and STILL nothing has been done to correct this for Canadian and US clients, among other countries as well.

• Elijah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tracking more than one vehicle is such a necessary feature, I am amazed to find it unavailable. May have to cancel subscription.

This has been an idea since 2015 and it's not yet been added? This is a self-employed necessity.

On vehicle settings you should place an add vehicle option in which it can link our entries into the drive tracking UI where we can later assign which vehicles we were using when we click on any given drive.

• Robert G King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add vehicle. We have work truckings and also other vehicles we use off and on your business purposes. Should I have purchased a different Quickbooks version to have this need accommodated?

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just went back through a years worth of feedback about adding the "Multiple Car" option. I don't see anywhere saying that you are implementing this or you are not going to. What good is this feedback if you don't respond to it? Let us know whether this is going to happen or not so we can know when to expect it or move on to an application that works for us!

• Linda Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1 hire Darryl Houston Excellent Driver.BACKGROUND Clears. Has a son age 10 lives in California. Needs work to be able to have son during summer, Needs help with vehicle. NEED HIM STARTUP FOR PAYROLL

I have more than one company vehicle for different use. Now I will have to track one vehicles expenses in another format and one in quickbooks. The whole reason I signed up for quickbooks was to make my life easier. Please add this feature!!!

• Kathryn Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to register more than one vehicle to record miles. I have two cars that I go back and forth between depending on what my objectives are.

• jennifer bidwell meyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So the country that practically invented the automobile, where we are known to have multiple cars, doesn’t get a 2nd car option- but a small island where fewer folks even have room for multiple vehicles, gets to add 3?? Come on!

• Alex Duran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have two cars, one of which I utilize exclusively for business. Both cars have BT radios that my phone connects to. Can this BT connection be used to identify in which car the mileage was recorded and then categorize it accordingly? I suspect this would automate much of the work that is currently done manually for thousands of your customers.

• Ethan Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is crucial for a majority of self employed & freelancers. I swap back and forth between two vehicles multiple times per week and need the option to differentiate which car was used - otherwise mileage tracking is "somewhat" irrelevant because odometers won't match up at the end of the year if I need to prove mileage.

If it isn't already, I hope this comes too priority so that I can recommend this app to my friends and other business colleagues in the field!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base