(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminQB Self-Employed Team (Admin, QuickBooks Self-Employed) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you to everyone for your comments. I am looking to switch from the Desktop version to an online version. The Small business version is too cumbersome for my very small business. I had concerns about the one 1099 I would need to print as well as the various checks my company writes. each of you have allowed me to recognize I need another program...hence thank you.

Please add check writing to this program. Also please add state estimated quarterly tax.

Why would quickbooks remove check writing ability from the Self-Employed version of Quickbooks online? Do self employed people not write checks for their business? How in the world did Quickbooks come to the decision that self-employed people should pay for accounting software but can't print checks through the program? I'm very confused. This features is needed for us Self Employed folks. (Xero has it)

• Erin Doan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a self-employed direct carrier insurance agent and the small business version has way too many features I would never use. Please add check writing to this version.

This functionality should exist! Please seriously consider this addition. I'm still a self-employed person but am needing to write a few checks a month. Having this capability for Deluxe checks would be very beneficial.

• Lavador, Anna Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to see the image of the checks on QB?
        please go ahead also the details of all other transactions. Just the way we can see on the bank's website. now I need to have 2 page open at any given time to know which check was written for a business related item and which was personal...

• Jon Byron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so frustrating. I upgraded when doing my taxes (with intuit) so I could get quickbooks self employed for a year. Now I find out I can print checks. So frustrating. PLEASE add this as an options. Charge an extra dollar or two a month..I don't care. Just let me print checks. Arg. This is my ONLY complaint about Quickbooks.

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When looking at buying this product, it showed that I will need checks formatted for this product. I had no idea I was buying a product that doesn't print checks. Waist of money!!! I bought it so I could print checks.

• Greg Zerkis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely sad that this does not exist.
        I went from Quickbooks desktop; to this version and now can't print checks. Unbelievable.

• Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let me get this straight...I am paying for an accounting platform that won't let me enter a business check I wrote from my business checking account??????....really I am incredulous at this....I have to pay a monthly fee for an accounting service that can't do THIS??

• Patrick Mobley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a self employed guy, this version of Quickbooks really helps me stay out of trouble with the IRS. But I would like to suggest, if I am using this instead of Quickbooks online.. I wish there was a write check function and some apps. maybe not as extensive as Quickbooks online, but some that would be made available to the Self Employed version. I still have the busiess, just takes me longer now that I dont have all the intergration.

• koosh01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be check printing function with the self employed quick books program.

Feedback and Knowledge Base