I suggest you...

Start/Stop trips

I have no problem with creating an entry each day for my mileage when I drive for Lyft, but it would be nice to be able to enter starting and ending miles instead. That way I wouldn't have to write down my start and end miles each night, take in the house and manually enter the transaction. Thanks

182 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tony L EllisTony L Ellis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Keith FKeith F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I drive for Uber and Lyft. Consider linking the auto-mileage tracker with going online within each app. Turn on the app, go online... mileage tracker begins tracking. Go offline... mileage tracker stops. It would be a great help.
        I know that Lyft provides all of your "online" miles at year end, but Uber only provides actual miles driven with passengers.

• Chris PoklackiChris Poklacki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea, I thought, the idea of a mileage tracker is that IT ADDS the miles 4 u. Please make it so I can just put my stat and end miles in. The GPS option is very inaccurate and I don't always get a signal therefore lose GPS tracking.
        Isn't putting in starting and ending miles an easy thing to add?

• DerrickDerrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found the GPS unreliable with my i-phone using Quick book self employed. Unfortunately, quick book still does not have a android app. It is much easier to keep a record of start and end miles with a destination address. Furthermore, if there is a traffic delay for over 5 minutes quick book puts this as a stop destination and ruins the exact millage. I get a 50-50% of actual accurate millage recording based on my start and stop odometer readings. I am at the point finding it easier NOT USING GPS!!!

• Brian SweatBrian Sweat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm setting up my wife with QB SE and definitely a bit frustrating to use a third-party, non-integrated mileage tracker. I would definitely prefer to see this available in the Android mobile app.

• BrunoBruno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After all these comments Did anyone get a response or an update on the status of this issue? Mile IQ is just ok but i don't want to pay for another app when i already invested on QuickBooks

• mbooker5777@yahoo.commbooker5777@yahoo.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to post the same thing, it seems unproductive and inefficient to log miles outside the app, do the math and enter the result into the app.

The app should allow me to enter start and ending miles for the day and calculate the difference for me.

I drive for Uber/Lyft also.

• AustinAustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be great if the app could track each trip distance using GPS and mapping data.

Ideally there would be "start trip" and "end trip" buttons that would create a trip log for the miles driven.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My CPA recommended Mile IQ, which I now use, it is overall really convenient. It would be really great if Quick Books would provide a way for me to import / integrate this data (automatically is best) from Mile IQ in to the QB app.

• Tony MerlinoTony Merlino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely !! There are literally thousands of us (Uber & Lyft) drivers that will without question use an application designed for RideShare. In addition . . . A generous referral program for new and existing drivers could quickly go viral and become a vital part of our existing recruitment efforts. Win / Win

• GTGT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quickbooks should make an app for the smart phone for Uber drivers to track their milage and expenses and create reports for quarterly tax right from the ipone and android mobile devices. I currently use falcon expense for auto

• GTGT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please create an uber lyft ridesharing app record keepping platrform for apple iphone. I use falcon auto expense reporting but its just ok. your leaving money on the table. just saying. I want to track my business miles by the day and income as a single entry by the week etc. I use my car for business and personal so I need to enter miles when I start driving for hire and when I get home each day

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mile IQ seems to work very well but cost $50 bucks (probably worth it). Also seems to run the GPS and drain the battery a bit but tracks every little errand. Very effective and beats writing it down.

• TimothyHTimothyH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certainly a simple mileage tracking app would be extremely helpful to comply with the IRS logs that are needed to comply with the mileage deduction rules

• Ben MillardBen Millard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I'm considering QuickBooks Self-employed mainly as an alternative to my current mileage tracking app. The extra tracking of business v. personal expenses is great, but the main expense I incur is my mileage. This app would be 10x more powerful if it auto-tracked mileage. That will make or break if I subscribe when the trial period is up.

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Can you import the trip mileage from these ride share, third party settlement accounts? Please.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base