General

Let us know how we can improve QuickBooks Self-Employed!

What features should we work on?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Navigation/User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make Self-Employed work with full QB app with iPad support

the App for Self-Employed is not as good as the full app and doesn't work with iPad

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation/User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The display (QB-SE) should go to landscape when iPad is horizontal

The display is fixed in a portrait view. I always use my iPad in landscape as I have an attached keyboard. To use QB-SE, I must fold away the keypad and just use the iPad alone, in portrait. Clumsy.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation/User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would like to have Customers linked to recurring invoices.

I have set up most of my customer database on my recurring templates to automatically send out invoices on the 1st of every month. My customers send in payments on different dates, sometimes they pay ahead, so I have to pull up the customer to see if they are paying for current month or next month. If they are paying for the following month, I have to go into my recurring transactions to "use" the invoice, apply the payment, then mark it to "skip the next month". I wish there was a direct link between customer and their recurring invoice,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. If auto-logged out, site should redirect to login screen (instead of just looking like still logged in, and then losing work)

Force a page reload when logged out. I just created an invoice and didn't find out until saving a draft that it had logged me out, so the invoice was of course gone. If the system logs you out it should redirect your page to the login screen. Other websites do it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dedicated ChromeOS App

Currently, the only Quickbooks chrome app links to the regular quickbooks, not self-employed. I'd like an app that takes me there directly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make your website more conventional and less mobile-centric. It is awful. AWFUL.

The download pdf link doesn't work for firefox or chrome. It's not even really a conventional link, but instead some kind of horrendous bloated javascript thing. Can't even get to the pdf using the developer tools. This website is an abomination, please resist the bloat and make the features work before you start spraying material design and animations and javascript atrocities everywhere. This is not even remotely functional.

I HATE that I have to make an account with you guys just to download a pdf of a 1099 my client is trying to send me. I'm sure the clock is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation/User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fix logo uploado

Your logo upload is defected, the uploaded logo, even once saved, doesn't stick. This is a major pain to use.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Manually change tax year in tax profie settings

My tax year is jan to dec, not the typical april to april, any way of changing this

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have add on / upgraded features greyed out

I keep looking to see if quickbooks has certain options (like a client list for example). I Google it and find out that you do have it. But when I follow the instructions to find it I realize that it's not there for my version. It's incredibly frustrating. I know I'll have to upgrade to receive the features I want but how am I supposed to know what to upgrade to? Or if they even exist?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customizable dashboard chart

Ability to choose a bar graphs time for a set number of days or individual days. Wish there was a weekly chart.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Dashboard

I like the old dashboards month to month bar graph that was touch compatible. From the main screen I could compare and contrast each month just by touching that month. Now I only get the limited options of this year/last year or this month/last month/3 months. What if I want to compare last September and this September? I was able to do that and now that functionality is gone. I liked having that info in an easy to manage and easy to find package, and that’s no longer available

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. able to use accoung

We signed up for this 3/8/19, and have talked to 5 people in trying to get this fixed. I would like to chat with someone to either get help with this or cancel and set up correctly. You have already taken his money and he signed up for 24/7 support and this is false advertising because we have been trying to 2 weeks to get this rectified

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add customized categories

I am a writer and theater artist, and there are many categories that I just have to file under "other business" right now. It would be very helpful if I could customize some categories to better reflect my expenses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We need an Ipad app. Now.

It's very difficult handling QB SB on a iPad browser. Sometimes I would have to use a different browser just to add in invoices or look at transactions such as google chrome or Microsoft edge. If QB SE does not provide a iPad version (big friendly userface) I may switch over to Xero.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UI

The placement of the Edit work info option in the footer is really confusing. Took me too much time to find it, twice while using this app. Make it more prominent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base